Searle Center Fourth Annual Chicago Forum on International Antitrust Issues
June 13-14, 2013, Chicago
In an ever changing legal landscape, this program again promises to provide a timely and practical update on antitrust developments around the world. Our speakers are leading private and in-house lawyers, economists and antitrust enforcers from the US, EU, Brazil and India. Among them are Bruno Lasserre, President, Autorite de la Concurrence, Paris; Maureen K. Ohlhausen, FTC Commissioner; and Professor William Kovacic, now at George Washington University Law School and formerly an FTC Chairman. We hope you’ll join us for this exciting program.
This conference is sponsored by the Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth at Northwestern Law, Baker & McKenzie, Mayer Brown, Microsoft Corporation, NERA Economic Consulting, and MLex.
TOPICS: Topics will include:
– Update on International Cooperation and Convergence
– Year in Review – US, EU and Brazil
– Venturing Outside the US – Antitrust Issues in Competitor Collaborations, Joint Ventures, Strategic Alliances, Teaming Agreements
– Antitrust Litigation, Arbitration and Use of Economists Outside the US
– Lessons Learned From Compliance to Global Cartel Investigations
– Update on Antitrust Enforcement in India
– Antitrust Perspective on Innovation, New Product Development, Standard Setting and Licensing
– Antitrust Issues in Doing Business in China
– Evaluating the Effects of Merger Policy
– Basic Economic Concepts Arising in Antitrust Matters
– Tying, Bundling, Exclusivity, MFNs and Other Distribution Issues
– Identifying and Resolving Conflicts Outside the US
FURTHER INFORMATION: For full program details, please visit: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/searlecenter/conference/international
– $400 Standard Registration
– $200 Government/Academic/Judicial
CLE CREDITS: Earn up to 10.75 CLE credits in the State of Illinois, including 2.0 professional responsibility (ethics) CLE credits.