Call for Papers – Freedom of Contract Federalist Society’s Faculty Division
The Federalist Society’s Faculty Division is pleased to announce a Call for Papers relating to the topic of Freedom of Contract. Up to three submissions will be selected for inclusion in an upcoming Faculty Division colloquium on the topic Freedom of Contract. Authors of the selected pieces will each receive a prize of $5,000 (any co-authors must share a single prize).
TOPIC: The Freedom of Contract topic is intentionally broad in scope, though we have a particular interest in papers that examine limitations imposed on freedom of contract under our legal system, the attendant justifications for these limitations, including in areas such as labor & employment, consumer contracts, or corporations/business entities, and potential responses to these justifications.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Submissions will be accepted from current law faculty, as well as fellows, visiting assistant professors, and other law graduates who are pursuing full-time employment in the legal academy.
- There is a limit of one submission per person.
- Submissions must be substantially complete and formatted in accord with the Bluebook.
- Submissions should be of a quality publishable in a mainstream law journal, but must not have been published as of the date of the submission deadline below.
- Submissions must be sent via Microsoft Word or pdf attachment to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm Eastern Time on Friday, March 1.